The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is the national level board of education which is run by the National Open School Society and is regulated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
It was earlier known as National Open School (NOS) but after a few amendments made under the Ministry of HRD, it was renamed with better functions and programs to offer to children who get enrolled.
NIOS Board of education is not usually the first preference for getting schooled but after all the recognised national boards like CBSE, ICSE, IB, IGCSE etc people go for NIOS Board because of their personal reasons.
What Is NIOS Board?
The biggest advantage that NIOS provides you is the flexibility and mobility in the functioning of their whole system.
It offers you continuous education via open and distance learning systems which let the learners take command and obtain a self-paced education system evenly spread over a duration of time which is not usually the case in a standard 12-year education system.C
Also, the following are the cases where diverse groups of people get a chance to obtain education within any part of the country.
- A mentee who has physical, mental or intellectual special abilities is a disguised way of becoming a hindrance to continuing their education from the regular schooling system.
- A mentee who dropped out after his/her secondary education because of any personal reasons now wants to continue further studies in order to complete their education.
- A mentee who belongs to economically underprivileged sections of the society because of which they could not enrol themselves on regular school.
- A mentee who discontinued their regular schooling or did not ever go to one but now wants to have vocational or skill education which gets them to a job or basically educated them in a job-oriented manner.
- A mentee who could not get enrolled in a regular school system as they had a job to fulfil due to any personal terms and conditions or belonging from different strata of the society.
Why NIOS Board?
There are many reasons for one to join the National Institue of Open Schooling. It is flexible and offers a wide range of options to those who want to continue their education for higher studies but somehow dropped out because of some personal conditions.
Reasons To Chosse NIOS Board
Here are the following reasons why you should choose NIOS Board without having any second thoughts about it.
- NIOS education system follows a ground rule of inclusion. It has a very inclusive system of educating a learner irrespective of their belonging.
It does not matter what your status is, what your background is, or what is your economical conditions. NIOS excludes all these factors when it comes o educating a learner.
- It offers so much flexibility and eases to anyone who wants to continue their education as it provides you with open and distance learning which means you can learn from anywhere in the country which eliminates the baggage of visiting the school every day. NIOS is universal.
- You have to make adjustments when you study from a regular school like escalating your speed of learning according to their system but that is not the case when you choose NIOS. You can self-pace the learning according to your preference.
- NIOS Board offers a continuous education which means even if you have discontinued your education a few years ago due to any unfavourable conditions, you can build a bridge and fill the gap with the help of the NIOS education system.
- When it comes to the standard schooling system there is usually a set pattern of study. It begins with 12 or 14 years of schooling then graduating and finishing up with post-graduation or P.hD but with NIOS you get a school with vocational and skilled based education which is job oriented.
For any student who failed to complete his/her education due to various unfavourable terms and conditions that life throws at you, the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) will help you get what you always wanted.
It is a great alternative to kick-start your career. And above-mentioned details are all you need to know about NIOS Board.