Is NIOS a valid Board like CBSE and UP Board in India?
- Yes, the NIOS board is recognized by all universities and education institution in India. It is the most authentic open school in the world. You can clear more doubts concerning to nios board on our number 9792111121. The National Open School is a government authorized board. If any university/institution objects in taking admission of a NIOS passed students then it is directly challenging the Ministry of Human Resource and development, government of India as the university is passed through a resolution (No. F.5-24/90 Sch.3 dated 14 September 1990 published in the Gazette of India on 20 October 1990).
- NIOS is the largest open school in the world. This year it has completed its 25 years of providing education to the students. NIOS has 2.59 million students on its roll being awarded as the largest Open University in the world .NIOS is also very popular in commonwealth countries and in other developing countries.2.59 million students enrolled in a board speaks volumes by itself about the board and proves it credibility and authenticity of NIOs board. Not many people know that NIOS has 27 study centers overseas countries.
Association of Indian Universities, vide letter No . EV/11(354)/91/ 25 July, 1991 issued Equivalence of Senior Secondary Certificate Examination of NIOS.
Indian,Institute of technology, kanpur, Mumbai, Delhi, Kharagpur, Chennai and institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi) recognize certificate issued by NIOS.
The secondary and Sr. secondary degree certificates issued from NIOS have the same recognition as certificates issued by other boards like CBSE and UP Boards. NIOS it is vested with the authority to conduct public Examinations at secondary and Sr. secondary level by Govt. of India.
Students who get certified from NIOS at secondary and senior secondary level can appear in any competitive exam. These days students preparing for IIT/CPMT/NDA or any other entrance exam prefer to enroll in NIOS board as they can attend coaching for the preparation of Entrance exam and it gives them ample time for self study. The teachers in the coaching institutes for the preparation of entrance exams also advice students to get enrolled in NIOS board as it does not require any criteria for minimum attendance in class failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear in board exams as compared to other regular board.
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Mumbai, Delhi, Kharagpur, Chennai and institute of Technology, BHU, and Varanasi) recognize certificate issued by NIOS.
SSCoaching provides the information about NIOS board(National Institute of Open Schooling) as well as coaching classes, syllabus and tuition for 10th (secondary) & 12th (senior secondary) students of NIOS Board by renowned and highly qualified faculty and staff. SS Coaching also guides to fill the form for online admissions in all streams of NIOS Board for 10th and 12th students.
There is an option in NIOS that lets the students to pass the board exam within 45 days of registration. This program is known as ODE (on demand Examination). This course lets the fail student pass that very session in which he failed and lets him take admission in the graduation that very session. This acts as a boon for the failed or debarred students.
o NIOS is an open learning institution which caters to the needs of a diverse population of learners through open and distance learning
o It is also an examining and certifying authority by itself – just like the other National Boards
o It provides freedom to choose subjects and online registration
o There is no pre-qualification necessary for any course
o A candidate has to choose five subjects for which he/she can appear one at a time. A maximum time frame of five years is given to finish all the subjects/ course from the time of registration
o It allows for transfer of credits (up to 2 subjects) from some other Boards
o The courses offered are:
• Open Basic Education (OBE)
• (Secondary – leading to Secondary School Certificate
• Senior Secondary – leading to Senior Secondary School Certificate
• Open Vocational Education
• Life Enrichment Programmes – more for self-development, although some certificate courses have exams
o Printed self-instructional study material are given to registered candidates
o There is no upper age limit for admission into NIOS courses
o It is recognised for admission into professional courses as well.